Great Australian Secret is committed to promoting Tasmania as an international tourism destination.
The ongoing mission of the Great Australian Secret project is as follows:
- To raise awareness of Tasmania and to promote it as a place to visit for a weekend, week, month or lifetime,
- To showcase the people, products, locations, history, events, destinations, culture and emotions of Tasmania,
- To inspire new and old visitors to our island; so they too can experience the kaleidoscope of experiences Tasmania has to offer,
- To promote Tasmania’s unique tourism activities like ecotourism and adventure tourism,
- To promote the small but equally-as-valuable attractions who don’t have the resources to have their voice heard over larger attractions,
- To document the hidden, lesser-spoken secrets of Tasmania… not to exploit them, but to give them the voice they deserve,
- To act as a digital platform and comprehensive network of content designed to act as an ‘encyclopedia’ of Tasmanian culture and history, and lastly
- To demonstrate why we believe this island is Australia’s biggest secret.